Rob and Julie Pieper continue to support local nonprofits that have had a direct and meaningful impact on their staff through Giving Back Thursdays. The Estes Park Learning Place will receive 25% of total daily sales from both Poppy’s and Mama Rose’s on Thursday, December 7. And what’s cozier on a cold winter day in December than sharing a story? Dine with friends and family, enjoy favorite children’s books, and play book trivia!
The Learning Place invites you to bring books that will be given to families in the Estes Valley for their home libraries.
Here’s how it will work:
- Little red wagons will be available at both restaurants to collect book donations.
- Please donate a favorite book from your childhood, one that your children love, or a book that is new to you.
- If you wish, include a note as to why the book is important to you or why you chose it.
Books may be purchased locally at Macdonald Book Shop. Mention that you are donating the book to the Learning Place and receive 30% off! If you are unable to bring a book to Poppy’s or Mama Rose’s On December 7, Macdonald Book Shop will collect and deliver books purchased to the Learning Place.
Books in the home are important:
- Home libraries provide families with books of their own to keep.
- Books in the home create opportunities for parents to read to and with children regularly.
- Access to books can help children develop a lifelong love of reading.
Having as few as 20 books in the home has a significant impact on a child’s ascent to a higher level of education.